Rhys's Place

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

When I Made The Taranaki Under13 Hockey Team

On Saturday we played in the Pennington cup, which was north versus central. There was a girl’s team, a mixed team and a boy’s team. We had to get selected. First of all I missed out on the boy’s team and was in the mixed team. When I scored three goals out of five in the mixed team I was asked if I wanted to join the boy’s team. Of course I said yes and went on the reserves bench. When they put me on I played the best hockey I have ever played. I stole heaps of balls and made some great passes. We ended up winning 3-2 with one penalty goal to us. I was really happy and when I went back to grandmas to stay the night Dad rung me to tell me that I had been selected in the Taranaki hockey team. I shouted out to granddad Yeah I’m in the team, I’m in the Taranaki hockey team! I was over the moon because I had only played 4 games and had practices in between. We have to go to Napier to play a tournament there and it will be fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home